About Us13th – 18th MARCH 2012
The Newest and Best International Show.
COMPARE THE EXCITEMENT OF THE SHOWJUMPING AND EVENTING COMPETITONS WITH THE BEAUTY OF THE SHOW HORSE AND DRESSAGE CLASSES, THE DELICACY OF THE MINIATURES WITH THE MIGHT OF THE GENTLE GIANTS, THE CLYDESDALES
Welcome to the New Zealand Horse of the Year Show for 2012. Our Mission Statement reads “To provide one huge event in which competitors, young and old, experienced and inexperienced, and from all equestrian discipline, can compete.”
The New Zealand Horse of the Year Show continues to grow in prestige and stature not only within New Zealand, where it is now recognised as one of the main annual sporting events, but also on the World Equestrian Stage where it has now become one of the premier events. Although dominated by Showjumping and Dressage, the Show is now home to 17 different Equestrian Disciplines all competing on the beautiful 100 acres of the Hawke’s Bay Showgrounds. The Showgrounds are on the outskirts of Hastings City, situated on the Eastern Coast of the North Island of New Zealand.
Holding this prestigious event brings to our region over $27 million in revenue. In addition, free to air television, helps to make this show more attractive to the competitor, sponsor and spectator, as well as the viewing public.
FEATURES OF THE 2012 EVENT
- 2,500 combinations of Horse and Rider
- Course designed by Leopoldo Palacios, course designer for the 2008 Olympic Games
- The Dressage Kur, the Premier Dressage Class
- Friday Night Equestrian Extravaganza
- Saturday Night Variety Night
- Eventing Cross Country at Equestrian Park
- Bell Tea Olympic Cup (Horse of the Year) featuring our top NZ Riders.